Casual Towny Lower Book Prices

This thread pertains to Casual Towny

TheVortex

Gold
Lower the book prices in the shopping area from $5000 to about $750 per book. At this point books are being sold as low as $500 so lower the book prices so that shop atleast gets used.

BlueFyreMatt

Network Manager
Staff member
Manager
The server shops will always be a higher price because they're used to help moderate the servers economy (that way you can never drastically increase or decrease an items price because you can always buy/sell it from the spawn shops at a fair price), however I agree that $5k is a bit excessive.

Considering new players have a starting balance of I believe $2000, what do you suggest is a good price? And should the book prices scale depending on level and type of enchantment?

CzechiaRepublic

Platinum
Titanium
Okay, lets say a new player wants to get mining for some quick money, they have a starting balance of 2k, they will probably go to the shops first thing to see the prices, and buy a diamond block, that would leave them at around 875, so i suggest around 2.5k, as by then they would of gotten money from mining jobs ect.

CzechiaRepublic

Platinum
Titanium
With this that means its not only a 50% decrease, but two mending books now would cost the same as one original mending book, although this may be a little overpriced, so id suggest picking from 1k-2.5k for your best chances, although mending and all those books will still and always be on the market for a cheaper price, a lower price at the shops makes it a little more appealing to new people who are unsure what the ah is and how you gain money.

Users who are viewing this thread

About SMPEarth

SMPEarth was originally a private, whitelisted Minecraft server, featuring a custom-generated 1:3000 scale map of the Earth, exclusive to a group of selected popular Minecraft creators and streamers. Now, SMPEarth is publicly accessible on Java Edition where anyone can join. Boasting a community of 7000+ members and 2 main servers to choose from and experience (Casual Towny and Siege Towny), SMPEarth's primary goal is to become the most advanced Earth server in Minecraft.

NOT AN OFFICIAL MINECRAFT PRODUCT. NOT APPROVED BY OR ASSOCIATED WITH MOJANG OR MICROSOFT.

Social Media