Casual Towny Lower Book Prices

This thread pertains to Casual Towny

Lower the book prices in the shopping area from $5000 to about $750 per book. At this point books are being sold as low as $500 so lower the book prices so that shop atleast gets used.

BlueFyreMatt

Executive Director of Administration
Executive Director
The server shops will always be a higher price because they're used to help moderate the servers economy (that way you can never drastically increase or decrease an items price because you can always buy/sell it from the spawn shops at a fair price), however I agree that $5k is a bit excessive.

Considering new players have a starting balance of I believe $2000, what do you suggest is a good price? And should the book prices scale depending on level and type of enchantment?

CzechiaRepublic

Platinum
Titanium
Okay, lets say a new player wants to get mining for some quick money, they have a starting balance of 2k, they will probably go to the shops first thing to see the prices, and buy a diamond block, that would leave them at around 875, so i suggest around 2.5k, as by then they would of gotten money from mining jobs ect.

CzechiaRepublic

Platinum
Titanium
With this that means its not only a 50% decrease, but two mending books now would cost the same as one original mending book, although this may be a little overpriced, so id suggest picking from 1k-2.5k for your best chances, although mending and all those books will still and always be on the market for a cheaper price, a lower price at the shops makes it a little more appealing to new people who are unsure what the ah is and how you gain money.

Users who are viewing this thread

About SMPEarth

SMPEarth was originally a private, whitelisted Minecraft server, featuring a custom-generated 1:3000 scale map of the Earth, exclusive to a group of selected popular Minecraft creators and streamers. Now, SMPEarth is publicly accessible on Java Edition where anyone can join. Boasting a community of 7000+ members and 2 main servers to choose from and experience (Casual Towny and Siege Towny), SMPEarth's primary goal is to become the most advanced Earth server in Minecraft.

Social Media